CiviCERT is looking for a part-time systems administrator to maintain its infrastructure. Apply by January 16, 2023.
CiviCERT is a network of civil society-focused Computer Emergency Response Teams (CERTs), Rapid Response teams, and independent Internet Content and Service Providers.
We believe that digital risks and digital threats disproportionately hurts the most marginalized people in society — including indigenous, people of color, women and LGTBIQ+ people. We believe that these communities must be centered in the work we do. Hence, we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other marginalized communities.
As Part-time Systems Administrator, you would:
- Maintain existing infrastructure used at CiviCERT.
- Implement new infrastructure, always with an eye towards ease of maintenance &
- Document technical settings and configuration used for the CiviCERT technical infrastructure.
- Attend online community calls of CiviCERT participants regarding the technical infrastructure.
- Attend the in-person CiviCERT 2023 global meeting. CiviCERT will cover the travel and
accommodation expenses related to this meeting.
In particular, this could include:
- Implementing an authentication & access system for users (Keycloak, Wireguard, etc.).
- Implementing a Cuckoo Sandbox v3 instance (CERT-EE funded Cuckoo fork).
- Installing & integrating the Hive, Cortex, MISP.
- Installing an asynchronous communications platform such as Matrix, Mattermost, Rocket.Chat, etc.
- Research and test possible infrastructure improvements as agreed from the CiviCERT
- Familiarity with the environment of digital rapid response for civil society.
- Familiarity with the digital needs of civil society Extensive knowledge of digital security and threat modeling
- Experience administrating Linux.
- Experience with server security and management.
- Familiarity with any of the applications mentioned above.
- Good troubleshooting skills – analyze the issue at hand, rapid diagnoses, problem-
solving and feedback communication.
- Talent for documentation.
- Good writing and editing skills (English).
- Consistent communicator (English).
This is a contractor role where consultant will invoice monthly to CiviCERT . Pay is 2400 USD per month, taxes included. The position would be for 10 hours per week on average — we expect more in the first months of employment and fewer hours over the subsequent months. The amount of hours per week will not exceed 20 hours.
The first month of work will include the design of a working calendar between the CiviCERT working group and the sysadmin in order to clarify the milestones and deliverable and how many hours will be needed during the first five months. The position would be a renewable one-year contract. The position is currently funded for two years, and we will fund-raise for further years.
If interested, please send an email before next Monday 16th of January 2023 to sysadmin-
firstname.lastname@example.org with your application letter and a CV. Selected applicants will be contacted for an online interview to be conducted during the last week of January 2023.